> By the way Q5869386 is really rather funny. For some reason your bots think
> that [[History of the English penny (1066–1154)]] is equivalent to
> [[History of the English penny]].
>
> --
> geni

I am now slightly more educated than I was this morning on the topic of the
history of English currency. Did everyone else know that there are actually
at least 8 distinct periods of penny? Naturally enough, there's a series of
[English] Wikipedia articles about them: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki
/Penny_(English_coin)#Pennies_by_period

And - in a desperate attempt to bring this thread BACK TO THE POINT - they,
and over 3,500 other articles, are coordinated by Wikiproject Numismatics:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_Numismatics

Because if its clear scope, detailed academic resources, dedicated
interest-group, and relatively small wiki-community size, this is the kind
of wikiproject that would probably be a fantastic candidate for testing
some of the ideas worked on with 'Wikiproject X'.
Wikiprojects that want to sign up as testers can go here: https://en.
wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_X/Pilots

Wikiprojects are a very important and long-standing part of the community
infrastructure of Wikipedias - and (IMHO) hold the key to helping support
new editors through the crucial first 20 newbie edits. However I don't
believe they have EVER received any specific attention about how they can
be supported more (by the WMF, Chapters, with grants, software features,
bugs fixed, etc etc). This is a fantastic opportunity to support on-wiki
collaboration.

If anyone has ideas for how Wikiprojects can be improved. List them here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:WikiProject_X
To subscribe to the newsletter, go here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_X/Newsletter

p.s. Yes, this is English-wikipedia focused because the volunteer who
applied for the grant is an English-speaker... It wouldn't be very useful
for the WMF to fund grants for volunteers to work in languages that they
don't understand...