Because the Arbitration Committee does have experience dealing with
harassment.  Not many projects have such a body dedicated to dealing with
conflict.  You are of course right that a general consultation should be
made, and I'm sure if there are other bodies you can point to the WMF would
love to consult with them too.

On 2 February 2015 at 18:04, Federico Leva (Nemo) <nemow...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> If the WMF is consulting any specific entity of an individual Wikimedia
> project out of 800 for a crosswiki matter, that's ridiculous, period. I
> don't see why bother looking into the specific merits of the entity in
> question, or the allegations about them.
>
> Nemo

Landline (UK) 01780 757 250
Mobile (UK) 0798 1995 792