On 5 February 2015 at 10:47, Fæ <fae...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> After reading an interesting related discussion on GenderGap, I have
> queried the top 10 users of the thanks feature last month, on both the
> English Wikipedia and Commons. Snapshot image attached and report link
> below.
>
> Perhaps someone might think of a suitable barnstar and award these
> folks for "being nice"? :-)
>
> Link:
> http://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=User:F%C3%A6/sandbox&oldid=149050523
>
> P.S. This is a long query to run, taking 20 to 30 minutes due to the
> nature of the logging tables. However if someone wanted to make a
> monthly summary on-wiki somewhere, part of an active "be nice"
> campaign, I would be happy to set up an automated monthly report (if
> someone discovers this is already reported somewhere, that's cool we
> can use that).
>
> Fae

This is interesting stuff, Fae - thanks for sharing, and for doing all the
legwork to produce the report.  It's a much more interesting metric than a
lot of others that get collected!  Perhaps colleagues on other projects
might want to borrow the script and see the results there.

I'll admit to sharing Rich's curiosity about who was most thanked.

Risker/Anne