Wikimedia Hungary did a workshop as well with sport journalists.

What we learnt is to keep it simple (teaching the basics is enough) and
brake it into multiple rounds (we broke it into two rounds - not enough)
and make it interactive (edit together from the first to the last sec).

Hope I helped a bit :)

Balázs