Hello everyone,

We’ll be holding IRC office hours on Monday, March 23 at 18:00 UTC / 11:00
PDT to discuss the Wikimedia Foundation’s decision to file suit against the
NSA <http://blog.wikimedia.org/2015/03/10/wikimedia-v-nsa/>. Wikimedia
Foundation Executive director Lila Tretikov will be there to answer
questions about why we decided to file suit, the importance of this action,
and to hear your thoughts on the issue.

The office hours will be held in #Wikimedia-office on the Freenode network.
You can find information on how to get online, including a link to a
webchat option if you don't have an IRC client, on the meta office hours
page <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/IRC_office_hours#How_to_participate>.
You can also find a time converter for the start of the start of the hour
here
<http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=IRC+Office+Hours%3A+Wikimedia+Foundation+and+NSA+Complaint+&iso=20150323T11&p1=224&ah=1>.
Note that the U.S. has just switched to Daylight Savings Time, so you may
want to double check for the time in your location.

Like most of our public office hours, this one will be publicly logged and
will be posted on the meta office hour page shortly after it's conclusion.

Due to the legal issues surrounding this topic, this will be a moderated
session and Lila will not be able to comment on specific legal arguments or
theory. We are currently finalizing the selection of a moderator and will
update the meta office hours page prior to the office hours.

Also, tomorrow (Friday, March 20), Jimmy, Lila, and ACLU attorney Jameel
Jaffer will be doing a Reddit AMA at 4:00 PM UTC to answer questions about
this topic. Anyone who would like to join can do so via this link:
https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA.

Thank you,

Philippe

*Philippe Beaudette * \\  Director, Community Advocacy \\ Wikimedia
Foundation, Inc.
T: 1-415-839-6885 x6643 |  phili...@wikimedia.org  |  :  @Philippewiki
<https://twitter.com/Philippewiki>