Hi,

The case I found says:

   - Registered: XX feb 2011 (4 years ago), which is actually the date when
   the CentralAuth claims that the account was "attached on".

But:

   - First edit: XX may 2006

This dates do not match when an account was created locally and when an
account was created globally. Also, the field says "registered" but shows
something else.

I believe Asaf could be right, and would agree on a one-time job to
backdate the SUL accounts to the actual first edit of each now-unified
account happened, of course, when things settle down.

Thanks.

On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 7:38 PM, Asaf Bartov <abar...@wikimedia.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 2:13 PM, Keegan Peterzell <
> kpeterz...@wikimedia.org>
> wrote:
>
> > What you're likely seeing that's causing confusion is the difference
> > between when an account was created locally and when an account was
> created
> > globally. For example, on 16/17 March 1.4 million local accounts were
> > attached to global accounts, so it looks like they were only created a
> > month ago on CentralAuth (because they were only created a month ago on
> > CentralAuth) when the account could be as old as the wiki itself in local
> >
> registration.
> >

> Right.  But now that the SULpocalypse is come[1], and we're all one big
> happy user namespace, the value of "date created on CentralAuth" is
> significantly lower than what people really want to see in that field,
> which is "date started editing, anywhere".  It was much more impractical
> until now, but perhaps now (read: when the dust settles and any dangling
> issues are dealt with, and you're back from vacation), it would actually
> make sense to run a one-time job to backdate the SUL accounts to the actual
> first edit of each now-unified account?[2]
>
> Cheers,
>
>    the One True [[User:Ijon]] :)
>
> [1] kudos on that, and on the elegantly epic thread resurrection. :)
> [2] Best response possible would be an already-existing Phabricator ticket,
> of course.
>
> --
>     Asaf Bartov
>     Wikimedia Foundation <http://www.wikimediafoundation.org>