I'm guessing that he's referring to the attendees of a GLAM meeting that
was held in Paris a few months ago and is comprehensively documented on
Meta:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/2015_European_GLAMwiki_Coordinators_meeting
Yesterday, I asked the ~15 attendees of that meeting a followup question
about my own work, and called them the "paris group" in that email as a
shorthand. As far as I know, that's the only time the phrase has been used
in a GLAM-specific context.

-Liam

wittylama.com
Peace, love & metadata