Hi Rupert,

I was the product owner
<https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Reading/Web/Team/Roles_and_responsibilities#Product_owner>
for the Wikipedia app from before it launch until April last year, so I can
answer your question. Editing is supported on the native mobile apps, and
has been since their launch last year (June 2014 for Android, July 2014 for
iOS). The reason it did not work for you in this case is because of a
formatting error in the wikitext of that specific page. I fixed the problem
in the wikitext
<https://de.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia:Offener_Brief_an_die_Mitglieder_des_Europ%C3%A4ischen_Parlaments_zur_Erhaltung_der_Panoramafreiheit&diff=143559219&oldid=143559146>,
and successfully added my signature as a test
<https://de.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia:Offener_Brief_an_die_Mitglieder_des_Europ%C3%A4ischen_Parlaments_zur_Erhaltung_der_Panoramafreiheit&diff=prev&oldid=143559243>
(which
I then reverted since I don't want to interfere in the discussion). You
should be able to add your signature now. (I skipped over the exact details
of what the issue was, let me know if you want hear them)

As an aside, I would note that the way you communicated this question was
suboptimal and unnecessarily combative. The title of your email is
provocative, and makes unnecessary, exaggerated, and incorrect
implications. It would be nice if you avoided doing this in the future, as
people will be more willing to involve themselves in a discussion if they
do not feel like they are being attacked.

Thanks,
Dan

On 28 June 2015 at 03:44, rupert THURNER <rupert.thur...@gmail.com> wrote:

> hi,
>
> now we are approaching 400 days of lila tretikov at the helm of the
> wikimedia foundation, and 60 million us dollars spent, i was not able
> to sign a simple wikipedia page via the mobile app. i think something
> is going seriously wrong here :(
>
> what was the use case? the european union wants to harmonize the
> freedom of panorama:
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_panorama#European_Union. the
> german wikipedia had a wikipedia banner to sign a petition, and also
> wrote mails about it. which i thought is a nice idea. i am reading
> mails on the phone following links to wikipedia, i tried it this time
> as well, and i was not able to accomplish the most simple task of
> contribution - to add my signature at the bottom of a list. earlier in
> the year i already tried to add a link and i could not do it - but i
> admit that is a much more difficult task in the mobile app.
>
> the german links:
> * sign here:
> https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Offener_Brief_an_die_Mitglieder_des_Europ%C3%A4ischen_Parlaments_zur_Erhaltung_der_Panoramafreiheit
> *
> https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Initiative_f%C3%BCr_die_Panoramafreiheit
>
> just as a side note, up to know this page collected close to 4'000
> signatures.
>
> best,
> rupert

Dan Garry