Hi Pine and all,

to follow up you're question: We've just posted the learning pattern
distilled from our WMDE Fundraising Report. You can find it here:

https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:Learning_patterns/Developing_strong_relationships_with_donors_-_more_than_communication_via_banners

Cheers,
Tobias

> [...]
> >     are not
> >     possible through communication via banners alone. This report
> >     discusses
> >     the enormous benefits that stand to be gained from attracting
> >     long-term
> >     support for the Wikimedia mission.
> >
> >     Using the example of donation certificates, this report will show
> >     how we
> >     benefit from taking the wishes and expectations of donors
> >     seriously. Our
> >     postal and electronic mailings are proof of how target-group-specific
> >     content and communication strategies can ensure long-term success.
> The
> >     fundamental importance of a well-functioning customer service team
> >     should also not be overlooked. During the last fundraising campaign
> in
> >     Germany, for example, we received hundreds of calls and answered
> >     well in
> >     excess of 5,000 e-mails. Contact is therefore not merely an
> additional
> >     service; it is the very basis of future relationships.
> >
> >     Looking ahead to future challenges, the report ends with a call to
> >     intensify donor relationships, to focus on donors’ needs, and to
> >     further
> >     diversify fundraising communications.
> >
> >     (see the detailed report here:
> >
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fundraising/Chapters/WMDE_2014_Report)
> >
> >     --
> >     Mit freundlichen Grüßen
> >
> >     Till Mletzko
> >     Teamleiter Fundraising
> >     -------------------------------------
> >     Wikimedia Fördergesellschaft
> >     Tempelhofer Ufer 23-24
> >     10963 Berlin
> >
> >     Telefon 030 - 219 158 26 -19
> >     www.wikimedia.de <http://www.wikimedia.de>
> >
> >     Stellen Sie sich eine Welt vor, in der jeder Mensch freien Zugang
> >     zu der Gesamtheit des Wissens der Menschheit hat. Helfen Sie uns
> >     dabei! http://spenden.wikimedia.de/
> >
> >     Gemeinnützige Wikimedia Fördergesellschaft mbH.
> >     Eingetragen beim Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenburg unter der
> >     Nummer 130183 B. Als gemeinnützig anerkannt durch das Finanzamt
> >     für Körperschaften I Berlin, Steuernummer 27/603/54814.

> >?subject=unsubscribe>
> >

> --
> Mit freundlichen Grüßen
>
> Till Mletzko
> Teamleiter Fundraising
> -------------------------------------
> Wikimedia Fördergesellschaft
> Tempelhofer Ufer 23-24
> 10963 Berlin
>
> Telefon 030 - 219 158 26 -19
> www.wikimedia.de
>
> Stellen Sie sich eine Welt vor, in der jeder Mensch freien Zugang zu der
> Gesamtheit des Wissens der Menschheit hat. Helfen Sie uns dabei!
> http://spenden.wikimedia.de/
>
> Gemeinnützige Wikimedia Fördergesellschaft mbH.
> Eingetragen beim Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenburg unter der Nummer 130183
> B. Als gemeinnützig anerkannt durch das Finanzamt für Körperschaften I

Tobias Schumann
Fundraiser
Wikimedia Fördergesellschaft | Tempelhofer Ufer 23-24 | 10963 Berlin
Telefon 030 - 219 158 26-0 | www.wikimedia.de

Stellen Sie sich eine Welt vor, in der jeder Mensch freien Zugang zu der
Gesamtheit des Wissens der Menschheit hat. Helfen Sie uns dabei!
http://spenden.wikimedia.de/

Gemeinnützige Wikimedia Fördergesellschaft mbH.
Eingetragen beim Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenburg unter der Nummer 130183
B. Als gemeinnützig anerkannt durch das Finanzamt für Körperschaften I
Berlin, Steuernummer 27/602/55599.