***note this reply is entirely in my personal capacity and in no way
represents anything official***

On Jul 20, 2015 3:09 AM, "rupert THURNER" <rupert.thur...@gmail.com> wrote:

> the distinction "because wikipedia is owned by wmf we refer
> differently to commons than anybody else" needs to go away imo.

Since when has that ever been a thing? With respect to licenses such as CC,
we follow the same rules as anyone else.

If the description here is accurate, it sounds to me like this harald
bischoff should be blocked and possibly have his files deleted as
incorrectly licensed (since he apparently doesn't accept the usual
interpretation of CC BY), unless he publicly renounces the behavior of
suing reusers. But I'll leave that to Commons and dewiki to work out.