On 20 August 2015 at 06:26, Risker <risker...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I can understand the frustration that members of WMIT are expressing here,
> but I also see Fundraising's point.  I wonder if there are not some other
> options that could be considered.  For example, instead of a banner,
> perhaps a big bright button on the sidebar that says "Upload images for
> Wiki Loves Monuments here!" may be technically feasible.  It's not quite
> the equivalent of a banner, but it does address the wayfinding issue at
> least.  (I think that's possibly the biggest downside of not having the WLM
> banners in rotation.)

I can see this working, to a degree. I think it would be quite
valuable serving the role of wayfinding for a returning contributor
looking for it - but I'm not sure it could effectively replace the
banner as a first port of call & way to attract attention.

Still, nothing ventured!

Some projects have restyled the globe logo for special occasions -
that might be another approach to consider.

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.g...@dunelm.org.uk