Hi everyone,

This is Chris Schilling (User:I JethroBT).  The Wikimedia Foundation
Individual Engagement Grants (IEG) program is accepting proposals for
funding new experiments from August 31st to September 29th.  <
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:IEG>  As a former grantee in
developing the Co-op mentorship space, I encourage you to explore IEG as a
way to realize your idea for improving Wikimedia projects. <
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:IEG/Reimagining_Wikipedia_Mentorship>

Your idea could involve building new tools or software, organizing a better
process on your wiki, conducting research to investigate an important
issue, or providing other support for community-building.Whether you need a
small or large amount of funds (up to $30,000 USD) Individual Engagement
Grants can support you and your team’s project development time in addition
to other expenses like travel, materials, and rental space. Project
schedules and reporting are flexible for grantees, and staff are available
on Meta to support you through all stages of your project.

Do you have have an idea, but would like some feedback before applying?
Put it into the IdeaLab, where volunteers and staff can give you advice and
guidance on how to bring it to life.  <
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:IdeaLab>  Once your idea is ready,
it can be easily migrated into a grant request.  IEG Program Officer Marti
Johnson and I will also be hosting several Hangouts for real-time
discussions to answer questions and help you make your proposal better -
the first will happen on September 8th. <
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:IdeaLab/Events#Upcoming_events>
 Please feel free to get in touch with Marti (mjohn...@wikimedia.org) or me
with questions about getting started with your idea.

We are excited to see your grant ideas that will support our community and
make an impact on the future of Wikimedia projects.  Put your idea into
motion, and submit your proposal this September! <
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:IEG#ieg-apply>

With thanks,

Chris

--