"On Wed, Dec 2, 2015 at 6:14 PM, K. Peachey <p858sn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I might have missed it, but I can't see any attribution for the imageā€¦ as I
> doubt it will be a click through to the file page.

I couldnt find the image in

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Cups_of_black_coffee

The image is only on donate.wikimedia.org, uploaded by "BHouse
(Trilogy)", which I assume means they are an employee of
http://www.trilogyinteractive.com (see previous years Form 990):

https://donate.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Coffee-price-overhead.jpg

It appears to be a stock photo, by photographer Dimitrios Stefanidis.

http://tineye.com/search/2267feed8737197d64056553011261b75ef34a9e/

http://www.istockphoto.com/photo/coffee-on-white-25228505

So my hopeful guess WMF bought a licence to the photograph, but even
that would be inappropriate IMO.

It wouldnt have been hard to make a free photo of a coffee, or even
create a derivative of this lovely CC0 SVG

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Cup_of_Coffee.svg

(assuming the license is correct; I cant see CC0 on
http://rejke.deviantart.com/art/Coffee-384565868)

--
John Vandenberg