On Tue, Dec 8, 2015 at 1:15 AM, Gnangarra <gnanga...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Criag is right this cant be fixed within the database because the data base
> is applying one truth where there is no one truth for everyone. This will
> always be the single biggest flaw of Wikidata no matter how data is
> presented it can never be the absolute truth unless its measurable through
> some mathematical scientific process that can replicated by everyone,
> translated into any language.
>
> Wikipedia's answer is to present all considerations in an equal manor and
> not interpret the facts....
>
> Wikidata defines what is fact, what is truth, what is right thats a big
> task and is something the community has never tackled before... should we
> even try, has the damage already been done or should we narrow the range of
> recorded data, could we flag alternatives, could we give a measure of
> acceptance for each fact. are there alternative means....

That is actually not correct. We have built Wikidata from the very
beginning with some core believes. One of them is that Wikidata isn't
supposed to have the one truth but instead is able to represent
various different points of view and link to sources claiming these.
Look for example at the country statements for Jerusalem:
https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q1218
Now I am the first to say that this will not be able to capture the
full complexity of the world around us. But that's not what it is
meant to do. However please be aware that we have built more than just
a dumb database with Wikidata and have gone to great length to make it
possible to capture knowledge diversity.

Cheers
Lydia

Product Manager for Wikidata

Wikimedia Deutschland e.V.