I really, really hope that, as fast as one can be written, a resolution
explaining more fully the circumstances of James' departure from the board
is written and passed.  If there are legal reasons that mean that his
departure cannot be more fully explained, that itself needs to be noted -
and I hope they're particularly strong reasons.  Without looking up the
vote count in the last election: James has the trust of a huge segment of
the community, and also has a much stronger sense of direction in how WMF
should be steered than many of our trustees have in the past.  His sudden
removal (the power mechanism I've cobbled together to have my laptop
functional today is hilarious) without further explanation looks way too
much like one of only three directly elected trustees spoke up too openly
in a way that wasn't welcomed about the directions he thought Wikimedia
should go - even though he literally published a platform before he was
elected.  The sudden removal of a very well respected community elected
trustee has at least the appearance of a board that may not want to be
responsive to those who literally create it's only valuable asset.

Best,
KG