On 12/29/2015 07:19 AM, Gnangarra wrote:
there are bigger questions than why like;

    - how can this take place
    - how can the community ensure its representatives independence in the
    future,
    - what effect will this have on other elected representatives on the
    board

  The Florida statute(
https://www.flsenate.gov/Laws/Statutes/2011/617.0808 ) referred
to earlier says that If a director is elected by a class, chapter, or other
organizational unit, or by region or other geographic grouping, the
director may be removed only by the members of that class, chapter, unit,
or grouping.

IANAL, but I believe that clause does not apply. There are no "members of that class, chapter, unit, or grouping." because there are no members at all (https://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Bylaws#ARTICLE_III_-_MEMBERSHIP). It is also under "2. A majority of all votes of the members, if the director was elected or appointed by the members." which also does not apply for the same reason.

To be clear, I believe the board's action was legal, but I believe that ethically they should state whether it was for cause, and if at all possible why he was removed.

Matt Flaschen