Welcome to the list, Erik! This is my first post, too.

I don't think the lack of funding for server maintenance is of concern at
all, let alone a severe threat. The 2015-16 plan
<https://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/2015-2016_Annual_Plan> calls for $65
million in spending, with 40% going towards engineering (which in addition
to the servers includes testing, improvements, updates, API work, and all
that jazz). That leaves 60% going towards all the other stuff (management,
legal, grants, HR, communications, etc.). Keeping the servers alive isn't a
severe threat. The threat is keeping the Foundation and community healthy
and active, and spending the money right to make that happen.

Kevin Payravi
W: www.kevinpayravi.com
E: kevinpayr...@gmail.com
P: (330) 554 - 3397