So Signpost discovered what is Something. (I didn't follow all the threads,
but I suppose it's been written in some of them.)

From my perspective and according to some anecdotal data I have, I would
suggest WMF staff and C-level management to start talking with each other.

I can confirm that at least in one case it turned out that fears had no
basis in reality. But I was a bit surprised that I was the best informed
person inside of the triangle.