Thanks WereSpeilChequers, I especially approve of "You could define a
de minimis threshold, perhaps a shareholding that pays you dividends
worth no more than a cup of coffee a month is not worth declaring. But
for simplicity and transparency it might be easier to recuse from any
decision where you are a shareholder."[1]

This cost-free and minor improvement to WMF governance would help a
lot towards community confidence in the WMF board, particularly if the
WMF adopted the transparency practices for (pre-emptive) public
trustee declarations of interest we implemented for Wikimedia UK as
part of necessary governance improvements.[2]

Links
1.
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Foundation_transparency_gap#Conflicts_of_interest_-_investments
2. https://wikimedia.org.uk/wiki/Declarations_of_Interest