On Sat, Jan 23, 2016 at 9:37 PM, Erik Bernhardson
<ebernhard...@wikimedia.org> wrote:
> FWIW, there is a docker role in wikimedia puppet and it's already used as
> part of the labs infrastructure. Not sure how well tested it is yet, but
> it's there.

In this case I see a kind of solution:
* Install Discourse container on Labs per instructions and let it
handle "http(s)://discourse.wikimedia.org/"
* Forward every mail intended to reach wikimedia-l to Discourse as well.
* Forward every Discourse comment to wikimedia-l.

Theoretically, it could work. I mean, under the condition that
Discourse is capable to read properly mail headers, as well as to send
a decent emails back to wikimedia-l.

If it works, everybody who prefers to read emails in the old format
will be able to do that. Those who prefer Discourse web interface
would be able to do that, as well.

I don't expect discourse.wikimedia.org would be a large consumer of
traffic (CPU, RAM) at the beginning.

On Sat, Jan 23, 2016 at 9:46 PM, Vituzzu <vituzzu.w...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Said so, I am sure there are masochists around, willing to install it :P
>>
> Me neither, but it's worth a try neither me and you will have to handle :p

That's pretty relevant point! It takes time to switch from "No!" to
"Oh, I am not the admin here!".

--
Milos