On Jan 26, 2016 5:24 AM, "Magnus Manske" <magnusman...@googlemail.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 7:33 AM Pete Forsyth <petefors...@gmail.com>
wrote:

<snipping most of Mangnus' message, which I appreciate and agree with>

> If you have even minimum indications of "evil" WMF plans for Wikidata,
> please share them! Saying "I know nothing about their plans, therefore
they
> must be evil" doesn't really cut it.

Indeed, if that were what I was saying...that would be nuts!

I do not have an opinion on the quality (or moral value, for that matter!)
of whatever plans the senior leadership of WMF has around structured data,
search, discovery, knowledge engines, etc.

But I do find the secretive approach to planning problematic.

The plans may very well turn out to be good ones (as I said in my original
message). But that will not justify the level of secrecy we are seeing
lately.

Pete
[[User:Peteforsyth]]