Thank you, Patricio, for the heads-up.  I’m sure that it must’ve been difficult
for everyone, especially those on the Board.

It was very honorable of Arnnon to step down in deference to the community, and
I hope that while we may be indignant at his past actions, we can continue to
find places for people in our community who may show an interest in what we do
but to who we don’t always see eye-to-eye on our values.  While I still think
that this episode will generate a whole lot of lessons for us to learn from, I
hope that Arnnon will continue to engage with the movement in a meaningful way
even though he is no longer a part of the Board.  Thank you for taking heed of
the community, and I hope that despite what may be a rude awakening, that you
will find your place among us, somehow, somewhere in the movement.

Hopefully, now that this episode has come to a close, we can finally begin the
process of healing and figuring out what went wrong.  There’s still a lot of
things left unaccounted for, and I hope that after this, the Board will
continue to build on that momentum by doing the right thing and helping the
community understand what on Earth happened over the last few weeks so we can
finally move forward.

Josh

> Wiadomość napisana przez Patricio Lorente <patricio.lore...@gmail.com> w dniu
> 28.01.2016, o godz. 04:52:
>
> Dear All,
>
> Throughout the discussion about the appointment of Arnnon Geshuri to the
> Board of Trustees, the Board has carefully listened to you and discussed
> internally. Earlier today, Arnnon decided to step down from the Board. To
> paraphrase his words, he doesn't want to be a distraction for the important
> discussions that the community and the Foundation need to face in the times
> to come. We want to thank Arnnon for his ongoing commitment and for helping
> us to move forward.
>
> The Board Governance Committee is working to improve and update our
> selection processes before we fill the vacancy left by Arnnon’s departure.
> We are sorry for the distress and confusion this has caused to some in our
> community, and also to Arnnon.
>
> Patricio and Alice
>
> ----
>
> Patricio Lorente
> Chair, Board of Trustees
>
> Alice Wiegand
> Vice Chair, Board of Trustees

JAMES JOSHUA G. LIM
Bachelor of Arts in Political Science
Class of 2013, Ateneo de Manila University
Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines

jamesjoshua...@yahoo.com <mailto:jamesjoshua...@yahoo.com> | +63 (915) 321-7582
Facebook/Twitter: akiestar | Wikimedia: Sky Harbor
http://about.me/josh.lim <http://about.me/josh.lim>