30.01.2016, 14:03, "Maggie Dennis" <email clipped>:

> The pictures may not be the individuals at all; they may be pornographic
> pictures of others that are misattributed. And sometimes the attribution is
> not to a real name, but to their usernames. In all cases, the intent seems
> to be to humiliate and hurt the target. Sometimes the goal seems to be to
> drive them away.

That was the story of Lightbreather, a English Wiipedia editor that
self-identified as female. She ran afoul of some other editor that (IIRC, I'm
confident this is basically correct) that labeled some images on a porn site as
being her (they were labeled "Lightbreather"). The outcome (GET THIS!) was that
she (Lightbreather!) was formally banned by Arbcom for complaining about it at
Wikipedia. They said she was "outing" the culprit by calling attention to his
off-wiki activities.

Horrendous I know and tends to shows that Arbcom and the rest of Enwiki
administrative structure genuinely have a problem with women, which they are
often alleged to (i.e. in Gamergate and all that).

Trillium Corsage

PS: A similar thing happened to editor Kiefer Wolfowitz. After seeking in vain
to get a email reply about another editor that was exhibiting
curious-approaching-alarming interactions with boys and young men, he sought,
in measured terms, comments from the arbs and WMF staff on WIkipedia. Arbcom
then banned Kiefer, protecting the editor in question with whom at least one of
the arbs (Wormthatturned) was very friendly. I guess a year or so after that,
the WMF quietly issued a no-comment "SanFranBan" against the editor Kiefer had
complained about. Which would indicate Kiefer had a legitimate concern all
along.