Salam

Thank you for your feedback, Josh.

This proposal did not attempt to create a developing world-dominated Board,
nor is a developing world-dominated. A lack of diversity in current Board
composition is of course a discomforting reality while we have a immensely
growing and unimaginably potential community in the Global South.

But the key issue here is the total lack of proper representation for the
Global South community, or any possibility thereof.

The issue is not about developing vs developed, white or brown, but it is
about having a more proportional Board that would allow it to listen to a
more diverse range of opinion when deciding important issues. A
proportional Board I imagine here doesn't necessarily North-dominated,
neither South-dominated. Developing countries will not take this regional
seat for granted. They would still have same voting powers with their
at-large and affiliates counterparts. The goal we collectively want to
reach here is a balanced and adequately representative Board that can voice
concerns of the global community, so a fairer and more diverse important
consensus could be reached.

Under this plan, anybody can bid and win the at-large Board seat. If you're
afraid that the electorate will eventually elect five at-large Trustees
from Northern Hemisphere, then I can presume that there's something wrong
with the non-Northern candidates. The utmost purpose of this at-large
category is to ensure that the community will still have right to elect
trustees in an unified voice, as well as to prevent any possibility of
"Balkanization" of the Board membership. I believe in the wisdom of the
crowd, and I am sure that the crowd will elect someone with clear records
and trustworthy credentials, not just because he's an European or Asian.

Best,

Ramzy

*Ramzy Muliawan*
Chief Editor, Majalah AKSI MAN 2 Model Pekanbaru
<https://aksimagazinem2m.wordpress.com/>
Editor, min.wikipedia <https://min.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pangguno:Muhraz> |
id.wikipedia <https://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pengguna:Muhraz> |
meta.wikimedia <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Muhraz>