> A few reflections on this subject:

(snip)

I forgot one. Herewith:

4) Minutes while helpful aren't a substitute for proactive communication.
Having just written about this subject at length* I won't go into it again.
But when the WMF Board simply makes a controversial decision and putting
out a statement, it usually isn't communicating optimally. I'd usually put
communicating with stakeholders proactively, higher on the priority list
than ensuring prompt production of minutes.

(I am still scratching my head about how WMF Board might have acted on this
better after the November Board and staff meeting, given the many
challenges of that situation. But it does look like another case where a
statement was written that didn't end up communicating what the Board were
hoping it would communicate.)

*
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:The_Land/Why_do_They_always_do_It_wrong