> On Mar 10, 2016, at 2:01 AM, jimmy wales <jimmywa...@ymail.com> wrote:
>

> Indeed George I agree with everything you have said about the internal
> effects of lack of transparency and openness.  Assuming I and other board
> members who continue to press for full openness about the James situation
> are eventually successful this will all become more clear.

This situation - the lack of full openness and an OK for everyone to publicly
discuss what they saw and believed happening - is incredibly damaging to the
Foundation and movement by now.

The tension expressed with Board needs to keep some things confidential is
real.  But...

I would go so far as to state that it appears to me. that Board members'
fiduciary duty to the Foundation now argues for open disclosure, and is clearly
and straightforwardly at odds with the Boards' current secrecy.

I understand that opinions and dynamics within the board are important, but
your individual responsibilities are now becoming directly relevant.  I urge
the board to resolve your internal obstacles to the openness swiftly.  If you
cannot do so, your fiduciary duty must guide you.

George William Herbert
Sent from my iPhone