This is fantastic news for WMF and the movement!!  I am extremely grateful
to Katherine for stepping up to take this very difficult role at a very
challenging time.

Katherine is widely respected at WMF by staff and, in my opinion, is the
perfect person to lead us right now.  I have worked on the C-Team with
Katherine for two years now.  She is very smart and talented and has a
great open leaderships style that is in line with our values.

I think the board and the community will enjoy getting to know Katherine
better over the next few months. I don’t expect her to just keep the seat
warm . . . we can accomplish great things under Katherine’s leadership!

Onward,

Lisa Gruwell