On 2016-03-21 8:03 AM, Ricordisamoa wrote:
As in [1] I'd like to know whether the use of Shopify is acceptable for a FOSS-friendly organization. Thanks in advance.

While Shopify isn't FLOSS-only, they're a fairly okay place that does contribute to FLOSS themselves (mostly in the Ruby and Go worlds, that intersect very little with our own tech).

I don't think it's reasonable to expect that every external supplier is all-FLOSS. For one, the movement would be pretty much stuck without hardware, networking gear, and power at the very least. Not every service/provider even *have* pure-FLOSS alternative - let alone good or even adequate ones.

-- Coren / Marc