Hello Wikimedians,

The French WikiMOOC is now over. And we had more than 6,000 registered users!
We are very happy and delighted with the results, not only by the number of
registered users but also because 36% of participants are women, and 19% live
in Africa. More than 1,000 accounts were created and around 300 articles.

The main goals of this MOOC was to have a scalable solution, to increase public
awareness and improve the diversity of contributors. We believe that we've
achieved these goals, and we believe it will be far easier with the next
versions as the frame and the contents are already here and the team knows how
to improve it.

I can't write this email without sending huge thanks to the contributors and
volunteers who had the inspiration with this great idea, then designed and
facilitated it, to the Wikimédia France's staff members who made it happens and
especially to Jules Xénard (User:Jules78120) who asked the help of our chapter,
led and coordinated it from the early stage to the end. [1]

Also, thanks to them, we are able to provide some resources about why and how
to do a WikiMOOC. Hoping it might be useful if other affiliates want to try, it
will for our next release, if we have enough time resources to do it again:

- The presentation and results in English on the Wikipedia project page :
https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Projet:Aide_et_accueil/WikiMOOC/Présentation/en
(en)
- A Learning Patterns:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:Learning_patterns/Wiki_MOOC (en)
- The Wikipedia project page which hosts the whole documentation :
https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Projet:Aide_et_accueil/WikiMOOC (fr)

[1] : Credits ->
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/37/Crédits_WikiMOOC.pdf

Thank you, to all of you who have supported us in this program!
Warmly,
--
Emeric Vallespi
Vice President