On Wed, Jun 1, 2016 at 5:36 PM, James Salsman <jsals...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Can we at least get confirmation that her performance working at the
> Foundation will be appropriately weighted in her favor if we do have
> another lengthy, expensive, third-party search?

I believe it is always only reasonable to account for someone's intimate
understanding of organizational culture, as well as to recognize one's good
performance hands on.

However, I think that the process should be wide and open - whoever becomes
the permanent ED, should really be the best choice, not just because of the
incumbent advantage. The solid and rigorous recruitment process will add
credibility and legitimacy to whoever this person eventually is.

dariusz
(Board and the ED search committee member, but speaking just on my own
behalf)