All WMF staff accounts are now required to have "WMF" in their username, so
it's pretty obvious which accounts have rights for work purposes. Given
this, is that list of advanced permissions still necessary?

Disclosure: I personally think it would be easier for all WMF staff to be
put into one or two usergroups, rather than the variety of groups existing
now and some access to non-staff rights on top of that.

Adrian Raddatz