I fully agree with Risker. I feel this discussion is only (mainly) looking at enwp. Harassment probably exist on all versions but the seriously of the issue look very differently.

Being the most active user and sysop on a smaller version (svwp) I do not recognize the issues being discussed. On our version we do not need any arbcom, we are getting very good to resolve all issues without, on a page where all are welcome to participate (and block of more then a day is not allowed of an productive contributor by just one admin, it must have been discussed first and reached consensus first) . And haressements are not more frequent than that is is possible to handle them individually (which we do and have a low tolerance level)

And besides from us being few that makes this issue easier to tackle, my opinion is that the key for us is the yearly confirmation of admin rights. It is interesting to follow these over the years. First the reasons for non-support was if clear misuse, after a few years aggressive discussion style, but now it is being about the need to friendly and cooperative (but all OK to be tough on trolls, bad behaviour unserious editing)

perhaps instead of building up new rules etc, it could be worthwhile to study good working versions instead and learn from them?

Anders