---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Christophe Henner <chen...@wikimedia.org>
Date: Sat, Jul 9, 2016 at 1:04 PM
Subject: Re: [Wikimania-l] Wikimania - annually, with South Africa in 2018?
<wikimani...@lists.wikimedia.org>

My bad I forgot it already is on meta
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_chapters/Statements/Chapter_chairs_statement:_Wikimania_needs_to_be_arranged_every_year

Le 9 juil. 2016 4:50 AM, "Pine W" <wiki.p...@gmail.com> a écrit :

Thanks Christophe. I, for one, have had difficulty figuring out what
is going on with Wikimania in regards to varying decisions in
different parts of WMF and the community, so I look forward to the
clarifications.

Personally I am currently neutral on the decision of whether to have
annual Wikimanias, or alternate Wikimanias with years in which there
is emphasis on national or regional conferences. My hunch is that some
research about costs and benefits is needed so that we have reliable
data about a variety of scenarios before making a decision.

Thanks again for working on this.

To the board chairs: I would be interested in seeing that letter. In
the spirit of transparency, would you please publish it on Meta? As
you know I am an advocate for much more transparency from WMF, and I
would like for the affiliates to also to be transparent about
governance matters such as this one.

Thanks,

Pine

<cut>