I joined the movement in 2007. I was then overwhelmed by the beauty and strength of the concept and the content in the projects. But at the same time I was underwhelmed by the support structure behind. Even if Delphine and Brion were good in talking with everyone and fixing technique and Florence in chairing the operations, it was surely not up to the needs.

For me a milestone in getting a professional support structure in place was in 2012, when the Haifa agreement was realized and the FDC (and narrowing-focus) got in place. FDC was as fascinating for me as the base concept of the projects and as much true to the values of the movement. And besides the clever colleagues in the committee I got to know some truly admirable individuals, like Kate Welsh, Garfield, Gayle and of course Anasuya (and a little later Katy and Bishakha). Sometimes I feel that in the movement there are the best people you can find anywhere. But at the same time there were underwhelming issues, like a partly dysfunctional Board and that WMF operations was neither properly working nor reviewed (by FDC).

I now see that in 2016 a new milestone is being passed when the movement (at last) gets a professional support structure on par with the needs. I perceive the tech org now working well and user driven, that the budget process now has been run professional and that there is a good management team in place for the running of WMF. And after seeing a lot of good initiatives around the working of the Board where this announcement is the thing that get the keyelement in place, I also believe the Board is now up to become as professional as is needed for the movement. And the joy of seeing the names of many of my all time favourites back (in part also in FDC) is profound.

Welcome all of you and looking forward to read of the resolutions from this enhanced BGC

Anders