I have mixed feelings about this.

On the one hand, I agree that we need to work on developing new leaders.
That includes:

* On-wiki administrators
* On-wiki program leaders
* Affiliate board and committee members (including user groups, which IMO
get far too little support from WMF)
* Affiliate project leaders
* WMF Board members
* WMF Board committee members, such as for the Audit, Governance, and HR
committees
* Committees such as for Project Grants, Ombudsmen, FDC, and AffCom

Those roles should get new members on a regular basis, and the new members
should only partially consist of people who transfer among roles. Fresh
perspectives are good.

On the other hand, novice leaders are also prone to making novice mistakes.
Last year, I believe that a WMF Board with more experienced members would
have been faster and more thorough at addressing some of the concerns
related to the previous WMF Executive Director.

So I would like to see more work on developing new leaders, while
continuing cultivation of the wisdom of experienced leaders who have proven
to be effective.

Pine