Welcome, Kelly, and thanks for the information!

Warm regards,
Scott

On Tue, Nov 1, 2016 at 1:28 PM, Anna Stillwell <astillw...@wikimedia.org>
wrote:

> Congratulations on your new role, Kelly.
> Warmly,
> /a
>
> On Tue, Nov 1, 2016 at 1:24 PM, Kelly Battles <kbatt...@wikimedia.org>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi Everyone,
> > >
> > > I have an exciting personal update to share with all of you. Today, I
> am
> > > joining Quora as Chief Financial Officer. I have shared more
> information
> > on
> > > my Quora personal blog[1].
> > >
> > > Once I decided to accept this role, I shared the news with Christophe
> as
> > > chair of the Board and Katherine as ED, both in the interest of full
> > > disclosure and to flag any potential conflicts of interest. Stephen
> > LaPorte
> > > and Michelle Paulson, as interim Secretary of the Board and
> Foundation’s
> > > General Counsel, reviewed the new position and concluded there are no
> > > existing conflicts. After reviewing the bylaws, we’re confident we can
> > > properly manage any that may arise.
> > >
> > > As some of you may know, Jimmy Wales has a small investment in Quora. I
> > > was not personally aware of this during this process. As I learned of
> it
> > > during the conflict of interest review, I wanted to share that
> > information
> > > and clarify there was no connection.
> > >
> > > I’m very excited about this next chapter in my professional life. I
> > > sincerely look forward to the opportunity to learn more about another
> > > passionate community, while continuing my commitment to serve Wikimedia
> > as
> > > a Foundation Trustee over the years ahead. This service has been a true
> > > honor, thank you for support.
> > >
> > > Best,
> > > Kelly Battles
> > > *Member, Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees*
> > >
> > > 1. https://kellybattles.quora.com/Joining-Quora-as-CFO

> Anna Stillwell
> Director of Culture
> Wikimedia Foundation
> 415.806.1536
> *www.wikimediafoundation.org <http://www.wikimediafoundation.org>*

- Scott MacLeod - Founder & President

- http://worlduniversityandschool.org

- 415 480 4577

- PO Box 442, (86 Ridgecrest Road), Canyon, CA 94516

- World University and School - like Wikipedia with best STEM-centric
OpenCourseWare - incorporated as a nonprofit university and school in
California, and is a U.S. 501 (c) (3) tax-exempt educational organization.

World University and School is sending you this because of your interest in
free, online, higher education. If you don't want to receive these, please
reply with 'unsubscribe' in the body of the email, leaving the subject line
intact. Thank you.