Oh, and similar to WereSpielChequers, I agree that better enforcement
methods would be far more useful than spending staff time and money
worrying about the codes of conduct. I understand that they are all the
rage on the west coast of the US these days, but it's not going to help us
finally stop someone who is using proxies to create more accounts to harass
someone. It's not hard to see that with access to proxies and mobile IP
ranges, someone can engage in sockpuppetry and abuse of our wikis
indefinitely.

The WMF has made progress on this recently, but there is still nothing to
deter someone from engaging in prolonged campaigns of on-wiki harassment
using sockpuppets. Maybe it's time to think about a more strict account-->
operator connection, such as requiring email addresses on new account
creations and a method of checking accounts by email.

Adrian Raddatz