Congratulations to Abraham for the new responsibility !

Florence

Le 30/01/2017 à 16:57, Tim Moritz Hector a écrit :
Dear Wikimedians,

It is our great pleasure to announce that during last weekend’s Board
retreat, we voted to appoint Abraham Taherivand as Executive Director of
Wikimedia Deutschland with immediate effect.

Abraham has joined Wikimedia Deutschland in 2012, has been the director of
our Software Development department, and interim ED in the past two months.
In all his roles he has shown vast experience and qualifications as well as
the much needed, deep commitment for Free Knowledge. We are convinced that
Abraham is the right person at the right time for Wikimedia Deutschland and
have great confidence that the management of the office is in good hands
with him. Abraham will continue to lead the Software Development department
on an interim basis until we have been able to fill this position with a
new permanent director.

Together with Abraham, WMDE staff, our members and communities as well as
other interested parties, the board will analyse and – where applicable –
revise the composition of leadership and decision making structures at WMDE
in 2017. Kurt Jansson, Sebastian Moleski and myself will be steering this
process and are available for your questions and feedback via email (
praesid...@wikimedia.de).

We wish Abraham the very best in this role, and the Board looks forward to
continuing to work with him. Please join us in congratulating Abraham!

For the Supervisory Board
Tim Moritz Hector
Chair