A few weeks ago I think I found a copy of WMFR's chapter agreement on
a Wiki somewhere. I had the impression (maybe wrongly) that it renewed
each January, and had to be cancelled by either party 3 months in
advance if they did not wish to renew it.

That puts the WMF's decision point somewhere in late September or early October.

I believe that if there is no change in WMFR's position then the WMF
owes a duty to the wider movement to withdraw the Chapter Agreement at
that point. (And if I were on the WMF Board, which of course I'm not,
this is what I would be saying). I don't know if WMF is officially
thinking along these lines, but I'd be surprised if they didn't have a
plan for a worst case scenario

The special GA is the only opportunity WMFR has to demonstrate it's
changing before the WMF has to make up its mind. So if WMFR Board
manipulates the special GA to prevent criticism or change, then I
imagine that will not be helping their position at all.

Regards,

Chris