I opened devtools here and this is what I could gather,

bywiki.com seems to be a very thin layer over wikimedia itself. The first
calls are to bywiki domain (and seem to be actually cached from wikimedia
servers with some extra added code, including added advertisement with a
bidvertiser script).

Many js scripts make calls directly to wikimedia servers, including scripts
to check for session validity and sessions from other projects. While it
does not seem malicious, I don't trust due to the lack of an explanation
and trademark violation issues.

Their ips seem to be globally blocked, the calls to edit will be seem from
wikimedia servers as coming from them and are (all the times I tested,
blocked).

Chico Venancio