These sound like amazing choices for the board. Congratulations and welcome!
On Thu, Nov 30, 2017 at 7:47 AM Tim Moritz Hector <
tim-moritz.hec...@wikimedia.de> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I am delighted to announce that Wikimedia Deutschland’s Board has taken the
> opportunity to appoint two new members for the first time. Dr. Gabriele
> Theren and Peter Dewald are taking appointed seats in our board.
>
> After our general assembly decided to make way for up to 3 appointed seats,
> we created a profile of skills we would like to add to the board. We
> focussed on the future of Wikimedia Deutschland, strategically and
> financially, and got about 60 applications. Many of them showed impressive
> profiles, striving for Free Knowledge.
>
> We decided for Gabriele, who is a trained lawyer, mediator and serves as
> department head in the Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs in the German
> federal state of Saxony-Anhalt. We also elected Peter who has 35 years of
> expertise as managing director at Apple and the software group Sage, was
> member of the board of Germany’s digital association Bitkom and has a lot
> of experience in volunteer work.
>
> Both will be members of the board until the next election by the general
> assembly in about one year. Please join me in welcoming Gabriele and Peter
> to the Wikiverse.
>
> Best regards,
> Tim Moritz Hector
>

> --
> Tim Moritz Hector
> Chair of the Board
> Wikimedia Deutschland

Eileen B. Hershenov
General Counsel
Wikimedia Foundation
1 Montgomery Street, Suite 1600
<https://maps.google.com/?q=1+Montgomery+Street,+Suite+1600+%0D+San+Francisco,+CA+94104&entry=gmail&source=g>
San Francisco, CA 94104
<https://maps.google.com/?q=1+Montgomery+Street,+Suite+1600+%0D+San+Francisco,+CA+94104&entry=gmail&source=g>
(Licensed in New York; applying for California Registered In-House Counsel
status)
ehershe...@wikimedia.org
(US) 415-483-6676

*NOTICE: This message may be confidential or legally privileged. If you
have received it by accident, please delete it and let us know about the
mistake. As an attorney for the Wikimedia Foundation and for legal/ethical
reasons, I cannot give legal advice to, or serve as a lawyer for, community
members, volunteers, or staff members in their personal capacity. For more
on what this means, please see our legal disclaimer
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Legal_Disclaimer>.*