> Cryptocurrency. If your first thought isn't "how could a scammer
> exploit this" you are doing it wrong.

I've thought about that for several hours now, and I'm sure scammers
far prefer bitcoin. Folding@Home's lab director is a partner
Andreessen Horowitz, so he has certainly had no lack of resources to
defend against the possibility, and I am persuaded that the Indiana
nonprofit behind FLDC is sincere and acting in good faith at present.
If the Foundation is hesitant, they might sponsor an audit of either
or both, but the Folding@Home project is so established that its
article is featured on enwiki.

I have no financial interest in any cryptocurrency, and I never have,
and I don't have a familial interest with anyone who I am aware has
any either.

Best regards,
Jim