This sounds very exciting.  Congrats all around, and three cheers for
supporting our external FOSS developer community!  :)

On Wed, May 23, 2018 at 7:35 PM, Victoria Coleman <vcole...@wikimedia.org>
wrote:

> [...]
> platform, the Toolforge platform as a service
> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Platform_as_a_service> project, and
> additional supporting technologies used in the Cloud Services environment
> such as the Wiki Replica databases and the hosting infrastructure for
> dumps.wikimedia.org. The existing team of Andrew Bogott, Arturo Borrero
> Gonzalez, Brooke Storm, and Chase Pettet will be joined by James Hare in
> the role of Product Manager. The team is also hiring for a fifth Operations
> Engineer and for a part-time technical support contractor.
>
> The Technical Advocacy team will focus on creating improved documentation
> for Wikimedia APIs and services as well as providing support for technical
> contributors and API consumers. The new team is being formed by moving the
> Foundation's Developer Relations team to the Technology department, with
> the exception of Rachel Farrand who will remain in Community Engagement in
> close collaboration with other event organizers. Andre Klapper and Srishti
> Sethi are both taking the role of Developer Advocate in the new team. A
> developer advocate is someone whose primary responsibility is to make it
> easy for developers to use a platform. Typically they do this by producing
> example software, tutorials, and other documentation explaining how to use
> the platform's products and services. Sarah R. Rodlund will also be joining
> the team as a Technical Writer. Technical writing has many subspecialties.
> Sarah will be focusing on improving our existing documentation by helping
> create a style guide and editing existing documentation to fit with that
> guide. She will also be supporting volunteers who are interested in
> practicing their technical writing skills on Wikimedia documentation. The
> team will be hiring for a Developer Advocacy Manager role in July. This new
> person will help round out the skills of the team and will take the lead in
> developing their programs.
>
> The Technical Engagement team will work with other teams inside the
> Wikimedia Foundation as well as groups at affiliate organizations and the
> larger Wikimedia volunteer community to provide technical outreach services
> and support. We hope to continue to grow the number of people involved in
> our programs until we can confidently say that we are providing the best
> help possible to the hundreds of volunteer developers, designers, technical
> writers, and end users of the Wikimedia movement's APIs and services. We
> will continue to be involved in existing programs to attract and support
> new technical contributors like the Wikimedia Hackathons, Outreachy, and
> Google Summer of Code. We also hope to find new ways to connect with new
> and existing technical contributors as we support the Wikimedia movement's
> 2030 strategic direction and the shared goals of knowledge as a service and
> knowledge equity.
>
> Very excited to be getting started down the path of strengthening our

Tony Sebro
Deputy General Counsel
Wikimedia Foundation
1 Montgomery Street, Suite 1600
San Francisco, CA  94104
tse...@wikimedia.org
(415)839-6885 ext. 6784

*NOTICE: This message may be confidential or legally privileged. If you
have received it by accident, please delete it and let us know about the
mistake. As an attorney for the Wikimedia Foundation, for legal and ethical
reasons, I cannot give legal advice to, or serve as a lawyer for, community
members, volunteers, or staff members in their personal capacity. For more
on what this means, please see our legal disclaimer
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Legal_Disclaimer>.*