Editing via a mailing list is clearly not ideal. I was going to add the missing
r to “do not add you own bio”, trivial compared to the licensing issue that
Andy mentioned, and typical of the minor edits that I do on Wikipedia and other
wikis. But there doesn't seem to be an edit button on
www.wikimediafoundation.org. I fear it isn’t a proper wiki.  Phabricator may
suit some, but in my experience it is not a wiki and definitely not a place
that anyone who isn't a programmer would be comfortable returning to.

Can we migrate that site to mediawiki? Or at least in the short term set up an
area on Meta for people to propose changes to it?

During the process of fixing the Visual Editor there were project areas setup
on Wikipedia for liaison between the Foundation and the community, that worked
and bridged some of the gulf between the volunteer community and the
Foundation. If the Foundation wants to use phabricator and wordpress to keep a
distance between it and the volunteer community it would make sense to maintain
such embassies or monitor this list. I hope no one  wants to return to the bad
old days of a few years ago when the Foundation appeared to be more responsive
to criticism on badsites than from the volunteer community.

~~~~

On 11 August 2018 at 23:19, a b <cheeseyapac...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 12, 2018 at 5:50 AM, Andy Mabbett <a...@pigsonthewing.org.uk>
> wrote:

[Two outstanding issues with the new website]

> Please file the relevant tasks in phabricator to enable better tracking of
> issues compared to on the mailing list:

Thank you; no.

--
Andy Mabbett