Hello,

I thought I would ask if any of the junior or senior researchers here on this mailing list have conducted previous inquiries into Wikipedia's sourcing.

I am currently working on a project of determining what proportion of Wikipedia is sourced to newspapers, the military, the Church, social media, etc.

The data I've compiled this month, along with a brief write-up, have been posted to Wikipediocracy:

http://wikipediocracy.com/2018/08/26/wikipedia-sources-methods/

I imagine I'm reinventing the wheel... such studies have been done before, by the WMF, with power tools (bots), right?

Thanks for any corrections / suggestions,

  sashi