On Fri, 1 Feb 2019 at 13:58, María Sefidari <ma...@wikimedia.org> wrote:

> El vie., 1 feb. 2019 14:30, Andy Mabbett <a...@pigsonthewing.org.uk>
> escribió:

> > Unfortunately we don't seem to have a free image of Lisa; the one used
> > on the Wikimedia blog is the same as her long-standing Twitter profile
> > image and, despite the footer on the WMF post about her appointment:,
> > which uses the image, saying
> >

> > https://wikimediafoundation.org/2019/01/31/wikimedia-foundation-announces-lisa-lewin-as-new-trustee/
> >
> > saying "Except where otherwise noted, the content of this site is
> > licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported
> > license.", there is no explicit indication that it has (nor indeed has
> > not) been released under an open licence.
> >

> I'm not sure I follow Andy - there is a Photo Credits section, did you see
> it?

Thank you. I didn't; I stand corrected, and apologise.

However, I think the reason that I didn't see it is that it is
disconnected from the body of the page by two very long sections; one
(more than a screen deep on my machine) being a pink-backgrounded
solicitation for donations; the other an entreaty to join a  mailing
list. Neither relates to the subject of the article, and once I
reached them I assumed the article had ended. The large version of the
image, at the head of the page, neither mentions nor links to the
credits section.

Perhaps the page design needs to be revisited, to make the credits
section more apparent? Has any user testing of this aspect been
undertaken?

Is there a reason this open-licensed image had not been uploaded to
Wikimedia Commons? (I've now done so, as:

   https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Lisa_Lewin.jpg )

--
Andy Mabbett
@pigsonthewing