I have always enjoyed Erik's insightful input - especially the insights
that people don't like to hear at first. I trust that much more of that is
to come in the future, so I'm not ready to say farewells :). I wouldn't be
able to accurately summarize it anyway.

Erik, I hope that you'll find a lot of joy in the beautiful tree project
that you're working on these days (folks, definitely check it out if you're
interested in Leiden's horticulture). It is another beautiful example of
how you manage to visualize the things that sound dull without you
explaining them. Your presentations at Wikimania were for that reason
usually the ones I most looked forward to.

What maybe not everyone realizes, is that Erik is one of the people that
the French Wikipedia would categorize as 'Grand Ancients
<https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cat%C3%A9gorie:Wikip%C3%A9dia:Grands_Anciens>',
having been active since 2001. A unique understanding of the history of
Wikipedia combined with dedication and understanding data has clearly
resulted in good work. Thanks for summarizing this so elaborately, Dario :)

Until soon,

Lodewijk