Yes excellent idea. For everyone who is interested in the concept of wiki
based collaboratively built video add your name on meta
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wiki_Video#Interest

Still a fair bit of technical work to do. We want to create a work flow
were the text script and instructions for when images appear within a video
all exists within Wikimedia markup on Wikipedia.

Hopefully that work flow will be ready in a few months (maybe by
Wikimania...) We also want to get built a tool for commons that can trim
and cut video similar to how we have a tool that can crop images.

James

James Heilman
MD, CCFP-EM, Wikipedian