I feel I can give a relatively neutral comment on the part quoted below.
Disclosure: I am a citizen of Russia, residing within the country & speaking
Russian, but mainly contributing to Tatar Wikipedia, member of WMRU & WUG TAT.

Global Russian-speaking Wikimedia community has mixed feelings about Russian
Wikinews, but we generally seem to appreciate its publications.

1) If I remember correctly, Russian Wikipedia community does not consider
Russian Wikinews as a reliable source (unlike AP, Reuters or Washington Post,
etc.)

2) Wikimedia Community Languages of Russia is quite appreciative of the Russian
Wikinews, as they host Russian Multilingual Wikinews (8 more languages,
including Bashkir, Erzya, Lezgin, Sakha, Tatar, etc. - where community is not
yet active enough to sustain on-going publishing of new materials to come out
of the incubator)

3) Russian Wikinews publishes articles from various categories, including
* aggregation of information from various free license sources
* original reporting by Wkimedian-correspondents throughout Russia
* Wikimedia projects related reporting (we sometimes translate these into
English @ CEE or Education Outreach Newsletter under Russia reports)

4) No countries, topics or viewpoints are a no-go in Russian Wikinews, so
personally it seems a good balanced mix (unlike many reliable outlets that
emphasize specific aspects):
* Armenia, China, France, India, Indonesia, Russia, Ukraine, U.S., Venezuela,
etc.,
* Business, Govt, NGO  initiatives, etc.
* Public life, Science, Technology, etc.

5) Editor-in-chief of Russian Wikinews is an ex-member of Wikimedia Russia, no
other regular contributors are or used to be members.

6) Wikimedia Russia currently has limited membership for a number of reasons:
* WMRU is a purely volunteer organization.
* Legally we need to have regular in-person meetings that require a quorum (so
greater share of members must show up for the decision to be valid).
* Annual membership fee is set @ USD 1.5 per month.
* But we started to broadcast our meetings live (sometimes in recording), which
was positively perceived by both Russian Wikipedia & Russian Wikinews
communities.

regards,
farhad

--
Farhad Fatkullin - Фархад Фаткуллин http://sikzn.ru/ Тел.+79274158066 /
skype:frhdkazan / Wikipedia:frhdkazan / Wikidata:Q34036417