Hey All

Just wanted to give you a quick update. With upcoming fundraising in
Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, the USA, and the United Kingdom;
along with a completed fundraising campaign in France; Q2 sees us raise
approximately half of the annual funds for the Wikimedia movement and as
usual the team has been very busy.

Starting back in October, our E-mail fundraising programme has been running
in these countries. This programme focuses on asking previous donors to
reaffirm their support to Wikimedia and our English campaign will continue
steadily through the rest of this calendar year.

October and November also sees us test and prepare for our main English
fundraising banner campaign. We do this to explore new ideas, test systems,
improve workflows etc all in time for the busiest period of the year. This
year we will be looking to begin the main campaign on or around Monday,
December 2 and will look to fundraise through the month of December.

There are a number of ways you can help support the fundraiser:

---Message Ideas---

I’ll be following up with some asks later this week for ideas around themes
and ideas the fundraising team should explore in it’s messaging. In the
meantime, if you have specific ideas or stories we should tell via social
media, banners, emails etc. Please add them to our fundraising ideas page. (
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fundraising/2019-20_Fundraising_ideas)

---Reporting Issues---

If you see any technical issues with the banners or payments systems please
do report it on phabricator:
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/maniphest/task/create/?template=118862

If you see a donor on a talk page, OTRS, or social media with questions
about donating or having difficulties in the donation process, please refer
them to:   donate {{at}} wikimedia.org.

Here is also the ever present fundraising IRC channel to raise urgent
technical issues: #wikimedia-fundraising (
http://webchat.freenode.net?channels=%23wikimedia-fundraising&uio=d4
)

Many thanks

--
Seddon

Community and Audience Engagement Associate
*Advancement (Fundraising), Wikimedia Foundation*